My children love to make wishes when they find a penny. They will source out water to throw it into, whether it’s a water fountain, puddle in the driveway, pool, bathtub or sink full of water..even the toilet. Tonight they each found a penny at church and handed them to me so I could tuck them safely inside my bag. When we got home, Izzie gave me her penny so I could make a wish. I think she could tell I needed one or two or three..I made several and here they are in no particular order.
- I didn’t slam into the back of someone’s jeep this afternoon.
- It had happened anywhere but Roseville.
- I didn’t make Izzie cry because she didn’t want to be late for church.
- I didn’t cry when faced with any kind of situation that involves authority.
- I didn’t wreck my only mode of transportation.
The only good thing about today was the dead bird in the parking lot. While the officer was surveying the damage Noah was half hanging out the front window of the truck and shouted, “Mr. Officer, Sir..You’re standing on a dead bird!” The officer completely ignored him. I looked down at his foot and said, “Umm, actually you are standing on a dead bird Sir.”